Sales advisor

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Paisley, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Paisley, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really, money can be quite good & wages are uncapped, but realistically the staff turnaround rate is horrendous. Big company with no idea how to keep customers.

Cons

Unproffesional management at branch level, terrible morale & intense bullying culture within sales department. Managers are unrelible & training structure for new recruits is terrible. Rules are made adhoc and then broken or adjusted to suit when needed. Total joke of a company to work for. Basically the managements opinion is do what they say or they fine your commission bonus without any structure or right of appeal. An undercover reporter would have a field day in the sales department much to the disgust of its customers & senior management

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Prepare for boredom and bullying

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company car and a handfull of decent people

Cons

Very long hours ignorant managers and old fashioned culture of psychological torture to get sales execs to meet targets. I was there for a couple of years and the only people making decent money had been there for ten years. When I took the job two years ago the basic salary was £8000, which is probably the worst you could get. They recently doubled the salary but only for new people starting, the current staff were not given pay rise, which is probably illegal, Anyone know? I left because they started employing people with no experience giving them twice my salary. Most of your wages is commision so when you have a bad month you dont get paid much.

2. Former Vehicle Mechanic

Former Employee - Vehicle Mechanic in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Vehicle Mechanic in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

available over-time, great training opportunities, enjoyable environment to work in.

Cons

poor specialist tooling. part delays or incorrect.

Advice to Management

time management for jobs. increase time allocated for vehicle repaire jobs , thus allowing better quality.