Arnold Clark

www.arnoldclark.co.uk
  www.arnoldclark.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Clark

Sales advisor

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Paisley, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Paisley, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None really, money can be quite good & wages are uncapped, but realistically the staff turnaround rate is horrendous. Big company with no idea how to keep customers.

Cons

Unproffesional management at branch level, terrible morale & intense bullying culture within sales department. Managers are unrelible & training structure for new recruits is terrible. Rules are made adhoc and then broken or adjusted to suit when needed. Total joke of a company to work for. Basically the managements opinion is do what they say or they fine your commission bonus without any structure or right of appeal. An undercover reporter would have a field day in the sales department much to the disgust of its customers & senior management

13 Other Employee Reviews for Arnold Clark (View Most Recent)

Prepare for boredom and bullying

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

company car and a handfull of decent people

Cons

Very long hours ignorant managers and old fashioned culture of psychological torture to get sales execs to meet targets. I was there for a couple of years and the only people making decent money had been there for ten years. When I took the job two years ago the basic salary was £8000, which is probably the worst you could get. They recently doubled the salary but only for new people starting, the current staff were not given pay rise, which is probably illegal, Anyone know? I left because they started employing people with no experience giving them twice my salary. Most of your wages is commision so when you have a bad month you dont get paid much.

Total disrespect for employees by management...

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Paisley, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Paisley, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Arnold Clark

Pros

Working with some great people in sales, servicing and generally at the branch. Making money if that's what you are chasing.

Cons

Management have total disrespect for their sales staff. I have been spoken to in the most derogatory manner umpteen times since starting. Recently, I was told that if I didn't get out my managers face that he would do sonething not suitable for here and this in front of fellow colleagues at the time. This type of behaviour should never be tolerated. However it seems AC are like a law in itself and will always see the point of their management.

I beg you to revise your standards in management behaviour and professionalism. A overall review of protocol and guidelines have to be set across the establishment from upper management right down to sales managers. If this continues, I'm pretty certain that things could escalate to retaliation from employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Clark