For a trucking company, it's not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camp Hill, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Arnold Transportation

Pros

The operations people at ATS were a very hard working group. The technical people were also competent and had a fair understanding of the businesses they supported.

Cons

Vacation policy was absolutely atrocious. Also, bonuses were just non-existent, as the company didn't turn enough profit. Company was very "inbred" as a result of previous owners merging of three distinct business groups into one.

Hire some decent sales folks who can sell freight where the trucks are, instead of just selling freight and then trying to figure out how to run trucks at a profit.

Other Reviews for Arnold Transportation

most likely will stay here till i'm done driving

Current Employee - Dedicated Driver
    Current Employee - Dedicated Driver

I have been working at Arnold Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent pay.i'm on a dedicated run now,home daily and weekends,my driver liason looks out for us and i love my dispatcher....also i can switch back to otr or sw regional if i want,my boxer dog rides with me,i can have my grandson ride along....

Cons

EXTREMELY disorganized...planners have no idea whatsoever about how to plan the time on loads,i don't think any of them really have a grasp of truck driving...planners/dispatch want you to flip flop back and forth...day time today,all night tomorrow..when u are otr you are constantly getting stuck on 150-300 mile runs..trucks breakdown and you don't get ANYTHING for the first 34 hrs

hire some TRUCK drivers....talk to the planners...REALISTIC run time would be nice..STOP the damned flip flopping of our hours..consistant miles would also help you keep ppl that are worth a damn...1200 one week , 2300 the next..then maybe 2800 ...that doesn't work...this is why i went dedicated.also? a raise once or twice a yr would be greatly appreciated.

Not the company for the professional driver or operational worker looking to stay.

Former Employee - Fleet Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Had a great schedule. Pay was decent.

Cons

Where to start... the drivers are not considered as they should be. They are treated poorly over all. Home time policy is very tight. Planners have no idea what they are doing. The planners focus on their areas with no concern for the drivers. I saw many changes in positions in 8 months there. Supervisors were moved, planners were constantly swapped out, management was constantly shifting. You can't expect people to master their positions if they move constantly. Trucks are baby Pete's with no room for the drivers. Breakdowns are everyday in multitude. They will hire any driver, they do not care if he is a professional or not. The Pres, Vice Pres and Director all came from the bankrupt Link America. I was laid off with 23 others due to the company losing 150 drivers. That's about $75k per day. That alone proves poor management.

Take a look at other large trucking companies that are thriving. No need to reinvent the wheel. Do what is making other people money. Don't over complicate it. Keep it simple. A truck needs to go A to B, safely, with realistic transit times, and decent miles for the driver. Have CSR's focus on 300-700 mile runs. Only book what is good for the drivers and that will turn into profit. Increase the pay for the drivers and increase the requirements to be a driver. Think before you jump. Don't just make a crazy decisions and then run with it. Study it out and go into big changes with a plan. I have seen this company try things that other companies thrive at, and you fail. Why?

...and most importantly... ask your fleet managers why you are losing drivers. To sit at the top and assume you understand the day to day and what actually effects the driver is impossible to know unless you ask. Stop working against your Operations Dept and work with them.

There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Transportation.

Worked for Arnold Transportation? Contribute to the Community!