There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Transportation

Nice people, but an operational nightmare.

Current Employee - Fleet Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Fleet Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looks great on a resume. The company is becoming more profitable than ever before.

Cons

Despite the above: no raises, no advancement opportunities, no overtime and no incentives. Unrealistic workload, and inaccurate job description.

Advice to Management

You will lose all of your best people if you continue over working your employees and show them zero reward for their hard work. I worked here for over 2 years and not once received a raise. When I asked for a raise I was told I do a great job, but its not in the budget. At the same time I get monthly/quarterly reports stating Arnold is more profitable than ever before and has been awarded 10s of millions of dollars in new rewards. I cannot speak for the Grand Prairie office but the moral in Jacksonville is very low.

Other Employee Reviews for Arnold Transportation

1. Work here only if you are desperate.

Former Employee - Driver in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do have decent driver facilities at the terminals and if your back is against the wall they will hire you.

Cons

Maintenance is a joke, they patch things up and send you along rather than fixing the problem. The staff in the shops are overworked and cannot keep up with all of the demands. You can find yourself sitting for days for simple repairs only because they do not have enough qualified people to keep up and you will not get paid to sit. Many of the other trucks in the lot are there because they are also broken down so you will not be reassigned. Forget about getting a trailer, there are never enough to go around, you are sent looking for one and it may take all day of driving around to locate one just to find out your load has been given away. The more savvy drivers stash trailers around town and retreive them as needed. This company considers the driver expendable and reminds you of that whenever you go out.

Advice to Management

The company was at one time great to work for AND profitable, why can't you return to those days.

2. fromer driver

Former Employee - Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they are ok if you like 5 day's week

Cons

get your head out of your ass and take care of poeple that make you money

Advice to Management

you need to take care of your driver's don't worry about how much you make and pay your driver when they are broken down put some money on the card so they can get a room and they don't have to send all there money when they have bill's to pay, so they don't have to sleep in the truck stop driver room,