Aroostook Medical Center
www.tamc.org Presque Isle , ME

Political and unionized

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Presque Isle, ME

I have been working at Aroostook Medical Center part-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is a business with jobs available that have benefits. Considering how the economy is today it is rare to have that option.

ConsThe pay is below average, the nurses have to join the union and pay union dues, therefore, nurses are paying money to the union to make less money. The staff is not very friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay increase for nurses. Get rid of the union. Train staff to treat patients and other staff members the meaning of friendliness. Drug testing needs to be done on all staff prior to hiring.

Least physician and nurse friendly place to work

I have been working at Aroostook Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are exceptionally good nursing staff and physicians. Cons: Incompetent and top heavy administration; physician unfriendly atmosphere which has led to the exodus of… Advice to Senior Management: Use common sense policy. Find out from employee why they are unhappy. One does not need to hire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Aroostook Medical Center.

Worked for Aroostook Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aroostook Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aroostook Medical Center CEO Sylvia Getman. All reviews posted anonymously by Aroostook Medical Center employees.