AroundCampus

A very rewarding experience

Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AroundCampus

Pros

AMAZING one week TRAINING program in NORTH CAROLINA - expenses PAID
Employers are looking for this internship
The opportunities after the internship
The skills that you COULD NEVER learn inside a classroom
You are able to put forth the amount of effort you want, with a equal return
Feeling of accomplishment with every sale
Amount of encouragement from management and reinforcement

Cons

When looking back I do not think there were any cons, but here are some that some people may think:
LONG and hard work days, BUT it is what NEEDS to happen for a salesperson to get stronger
Different territories / unfair comparisons amongst salespeople in other territories, BUT that’s life
Dedication required, BUT that is needed for every good sales position
This IS a hard internship, and nothing is handed to you but you WILL benefit from it

I think that the management did an amazing job, especially with what they promised would come from this internship. I am just like the majority of the interns that while doing the internship I wanted to quit and hated it at times, but in reality it was the best experience I could have ever went through. I learned so much from this opportunity. I did the internship this past summer and already benefitted immensely. I received a $3000 scholarship from ADP, and have had recruiters calling and e-mailing me for interviews. The whole job processes has turned. No longer am I worried about getting a job, I am more worried about finding the perfect fit for me. I WOULD RECOMMEND this internship to ANYONE who wants a future in sales (70%+ of all business students end up here). Therefore, the management has done an amazing job of getting my information out to employers and helped coach me through sticking with the internship, the two things that were promised to me.

221 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

There is no company that takes care of their interns more than UD.

Current Employee - Sales Intern in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Intern in Richmond, VA

I have been working at AroundCampus

Pros

Extensive training
    Great pay
    Real world experience
    Awesome company feedback and communication
    Management experience
    Opportunities for advancement
    Excellent career partners

Cons

Some cons that I found while working with University Directories were that since it was a sales job you do have to do quite a bit of driving. I spent 8 hours a day driving around my city making cold calls and I really burned through some gas, however since the pay was so great it wasn't to bad.

Keep up the motivation! I wouldn't have succeeded this summer if it wasn't for the great management I had behind me.

I did the internship with this company, I enjoyed it very much and it taught me so much.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Culture, Management, builds up morale dramatically, great company to work for.

Cons

Lot of hard work but you have to be motivated to do it.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus