AroundCampus

www.aroundcampusgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

A great place to learn and practice sales techniques in a real life environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

The send you to North Carolina and teach you a ton. I refer to what I've learned all the time in my current job and jobs that I have applied for.

Cons

The way you get compensated but it makes sense because if you don't sell anything you shouldn't get paid.

I would have liked my regional manager to spend more time in my region because I was a single man team. I would have like a person to bounce ideas off of.

226 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

Okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Fun environment, growth opportunities for hard workers

Cons

Long hours, a lot of young people so not that professional, outdated processes

Good internship if you're looking to go into sales, bad otherwise

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Free one week trip to North Carolina for job-training
    You work by yourself and make your own schedule for setting appointments with clients
    They provide you free housing if needed

Cons

They expect you to work long hours and the you are not given much territory with which to work with
    Selling print ads is becoming increasingly difficult and the work itself can get very boring
    You have to pay for your own gas and other expenses and there is very little compensation unless you sell very well (which, honestly, is based on the territory you are working with)
    The "managers" are people who are mostly in their mid-20s who are not genuine and will tell you what you want to hear so that you are motivated to make sales

Overall, I was disappointed by the internship because, while the initial job training was outstanding, the entire internship was boring and often times impossible to deal with. I worked in a territory that was extremely poor and where businesses were barely surviving - they had no intention to buy over-priced print ads. I did not think the managers were helpful at all, and were very keen on "firing people" if they thought those people were not making enough sales (even though this was mostly due to the bad territory we were given). I also wish you would have been more up-front about compensation and how renewal ads worked, because what was said in training and what we actually had to do were two totally different things. I felt that employees kept a lot from the interns, and that really disappointed me.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus