There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

pretty

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

You get to work your own schedule and dont have to much interference from management. If you are lucky enough to have a good team it can be bearable

Cons

it is a terrible product that is hard to pitch because you actually feel like you are taking money from the businesses and not helping them.

206 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

Best decision for future job opportunities

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

I loved working for University Directories. I made lifelong friends and even more, I gain skills that would lead me to getting job interviews and opportunities at companies that would never even take the time to look at my resume without this experience. I strongly believe that my success at this company is the reason why I am getting job recruiters calling me for jobs!! I would do it all over again if I could!

Cons

Very long hours and poor communication between the field and home office. Sometimes I felt that I lost sales or had unhappy customers not because of lack of service on my end, but home office's end. The job takes a lot out of you and being an independant contractor sometimes messes up how much you are paid after taxes but the cons of the job exceed this.

Better your communication between home office and your accounts from your sales reps

My internship with University Directories increased my work ethic. It was challenging and rewarding.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at AroundCampus

Pros

The week-long training makes you feel completely confident that you have the tools to do a good job out in the field. It was hard work but just as fun as it was challenging.
    You learn that if you push yourself you can reap the benefits of your success in the end, and that if you dont push yourself, it will show in the outcome of your work.
    Your co-workers are positive upbeat hard-working people just like you and thats the reason you were hired.
    Fun talking to many different people everyday

Cons

Long days and hard work
    the beginning is rough, but everyone gets through it
    A little hard to stay organized at first until you get the hang out
    more organizational tools would be beneficial

The management is unbelievable. Most of them are still so young, yet so proffessional and good at what they do. They carry out management with positive reinforcement and proffessionalism. Most of them know whats its like to be in the interns shoes, and they still hold back and listen to complaints with a postive response.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!