AroundCampus

www.aroundcampusgroup.com
  www.aroundcampusgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Good internship if you're looking to go into sales, bad otherwise

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Brunswick, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Free one week trip to North Carolina for job-training
You work by yourself and make your own schedule for setting appointments with clients
They provide you free housing if needed

Cons

They expect you to work long hours and the you are not given much territory with which to work with
Selling print ads is becoming increasingly difficult and the work itself can get very boring
You have to pay for your own gas and other expenses and there is very little compensation unless you sell very well (which, honestly, is based on the territory you are working with)
The "managers" are people who are mostly in their mid-20s who are not genuine and will tell you what you want to hear so that you are motivated to make sales

Overall, I was disappointed by the internship because, while the initial job training was outstanding, the entire internship was boring and often times impossible to deal with. I worked in a territory that was extremely poor and where businesses were barely surviving - they had no intention to buy over-priced print ads. I did not think the managers were helpful at all, and were very keen on "firing people" if they thought those people were not making enough sales (even though this was mostly due to the bad territory we were given). I also wish you would have been more up-front about compensation and how renewal ads worked, because what was said in training and what we actually had to do were two totally different things. I felt that employees kept a lot from the interns, and that really disappointed me.

219 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

The best summer of my life!!!

Current Employee - Outside Sales (Team Leader) in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales (Team Leader) in Muncie, IN

I have been working at AroundCampus

Pros

I cannot say enough things about this internship program! I grew more in those 3 months as a professional than any other time in my life.
    Great training
    Career preperation
    Unrivaled Culture
    Amazing work experience
    Best support
    Opportunity to travel and get paid for it
    Professional growth
    Career Partners i.e. Carolina Panthers, ADP, Edward Jones
    Nationally recognized internship program

Cons

Pay wasn't the best, but it is certainly enough to get by on. And what do you expect its an internship
    Long hours
    Better have a great work ethic
    Not much bad to say at all.

Keep doing what your doing!!! Management is amazing withing this company and that is what makes the culture so awesome!!! John O'Brien is the best!

Great Experience & Resume Builder- Def. Would Recommend This Internship

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

I had a great experience with University Directories. My summer with UD has had a huge impact on my life. UD maintains a high standard of sales excellence and taught me so much. Not only did I learn a lot about the fundamentals of sales but I also learned a lot about myself in the process. The management team truly cares about their interns and is there to motivate and coach you all along the way. Immeaditly after my summer with UD I was contacted by several employers looking to interview for full-time jobs. The companies I interviewed with were very impressed by my experience with UD and it has opened many doors for my future. I would absolutely recommend this internship, I can't speak highly enough of what UD has done for me.

Cons

This internship IS challenging, you must work hard at it everyday but the end reward makes it so worth it.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus