AroundCampus

www.aroundcampusgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Good experience, not much fun unless you love sales

Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Teaches you how to work with people and complete legitimate sales transactions. Though not a prestigious internship, it looks good on a resume and gives you some good selling points to discuss in an interview. Gives you thick skin and the confidence to keep selling when someone tells you "no."

Cons

Low pay and difficult job of selling advertising that is rarely used. It can be very discouraging and boring at times. If you're not a sales or people person, you will be frustrated by all the sales jargon and lack of intellectual stimulation.

Good job accomplishing the task of motivating college students to keep selling in the face of adversity. Make sure you make yourself available after the internship to help with career partners and writing letters of recommendation.

227 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

A great place to learn and practice sales techniques in a real life environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

The send you to North Carolina and teach you a ton. I refer to what I've learned all the time in my current job and jobs that I have applied for.

Cons

The way you get compensated but it makes sense because if you don't sell anything you shouldn't get paid.

I would have liked my regional manager to spend more time in my region because I was a single man team. I would have like a person to bounce ideas off of.

Okay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Fun environment, growth opportunities for hard workers

Cons

Long hours, a lot of young people so not that professional, outdated processes

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus