Challenging but worth it

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

Pros

gain ton of experience education on sales networking with nearby businesses career partners Nice managers who want to see you succeed All expense paid trip to NC

Cons

low pay for how many hours you invest not much down time especially on days your trying to get 3 contracts signed challenging work, your going to hear no and have to keep pushing through your day

Advice to Management

Management is young and its refreshing to know you can make it so young and be happy. They live a fast paced life and they do it well.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

Good experience, not much fun unless you love sales

Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN

Pros

Teaches you how to work with people and complete legitimate sales transactions. Though not a prestigious internship, it looks good on a resume and gives you some good selling points to discuss in an interview. Gives you thick skin and the confidence to keep selling when someone tells you "no."

Cons

Low pay and difficult job of selling advertising that is rarely used. It can be very discouraging and boring at times. If you're not a sales or people person, you will be frustrated by all the sales jargon and lack of intellectual stimulation.

Advice to Management

Good job accomplishing the task of motivating college students to keep selling in the face of adversity. Make sure you make yourself available after the internship to help with career partners and writing letters of recommendation.

A great place to learn and practice sales techniques in a real life environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Pros

The send you to North Carolina and teach you a ton. I refer to what I've learned all the time in my current job and jobs that I have applied for.

Cons

The way you get compensated but it makes sense because if you don't sell anything you shouldn't get paid.

Advice to Management

I would have liked my regional manager to spend more time in my region because I was a single man team. I would have like a person to bounce ideas off of.