There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Try if you really really really didn't get an offer anywhere esle

Former Intern - Sales Team Leader in Madison, WI
Former Intern - Sales Team Leader in Madison, WI

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It helped me get a great job after college, but I really just needed any business experience to make my resume look good. I was sufficient in leadership categories and needed this job to help me get recognized after college.

Cons

I lost money on the whole summer. The sales experience is not enjoyable and the product is not very marketable. The stated rates were ridiculous to ask for print advertising that had such small distribution. Competition had a better proposition with more salesmen flexibility on pricing. I did not learn much from this job experience.

Advice to Management

Give salespeople a better opportunity to have control over pricing. You need to close the sale in the first trip for a successful summer.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

Challenging but worth it

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

Pros

gain ton of experience education on sales networking with nearby businesses career partners Nice managers who want to see you succeed All expense paid trip to NC

Cons

low pay for how many hours you invest not much down time especially on days your trying to get 3 contracts signed challenging work, your going to hear no and have to keep pushing through your day

Advice to Management

Management is young and its refreshing to know you can make it so young and be happy. They live a fast paced life and they do it well.

Good experience, not much fun unless you love sales

Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Intern in Nashville, TN

Pros

Teaches you how to work with people and complete legitimate sales transactions. Though not a prestigious internship, it looks good on a resume and gives you some good selling points to discuss in an interview. Gives you thick skin and the confidence to keep selling when someone tells you "no."

Cons

Low pay and difficult job of selling advertising that is rarely used. It can be very discouraging and boring at times. If you're not a sales or people person, you will be frustrated by all the sales jargon and lack of intellectual stimulation.

Advice to Management

Good job accomplishing the task of motivating college students to keep selling in the face of adversity. Make sure you make yourself available after the internship to help with career partners and writing letters of recommendation.