depends on your territory

Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Evanston, IL
Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Evanston, IL

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

decent experience fun training chance to make friends

Cons

horrible compensation if sales are low print media dying, hard to sell ads management not transparent no offices near territories

Advice to Management

have a base salary and then add a smaller commission instead of giving advances on commission only

AroundCampus Response

Dec 30, 2012 – President

Glad you enjoyed the training and believe the summer program was a good experience for you. We review the compensation each year to ensure we're competitive. Your feedback is appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. Try if you really really really didn't get an offer anywhere esle

Former Intern - Sales Team Leader in Madison, WI
    Former Intern - Sales Team Leader in Madison, WI

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It helped me get a great job after college, but I really just needed any business experience to make my resume look good. I was sufficient in leadership categories and needed this job to help me get recognized after college.

Cons

I lost money on the whole summer. The sales experience is not enjoyable and the product is not very marketable. The stated rates were ridiculous to ask for print advertising that had such small distribution. Competition had a better proposition with more salesmen flexibility on pricing. I did not learn much from this job experience.

Advice to Management

Give salespeople a better opportunity to have control over pricing. You need to close the sale in the first trip for a successful summer.

Challenging but worth it

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

Pros

gain ton of experience education on sales networking with nearby businesses career partners Nice managers who want to see you succeed All expense paid trip to NC

Cons

low pay for how many hours you invest not much down time especially on days your trying to get 3 contracts signed challenging work, your going to hear no and have to keep pushing through your day

Advice to Management

Management is young and its refreshing to know you can make it so young and be happy. They live a fast paced life and they do it well.