AroundCampus
www.aroundcampusgroup.com Chapel Hill, NC 50 to 149 Employees

A sometimes frustrating yet completely transformational experience.

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsYou will learn to uncover the needs of others and solve problems which can benefit both your professional and social life.
You will develop super-powers such as the ability to start a conversation with anyone, anywhere and an invulnerability to rejection.
If you go into the internship with an open-mind and the goal of learning these skills, it can be a life-changing experience.

ConsThe pay is terrible. With the amount of work and dedication required to succeed in this internship, you will be making pennies relative to even menial jobs.
There is little support from managers once you exit their training program and get into your own market. (They will help you over the phone and meet in-person 1-2 times over your 3 months working which I found inadequate.)
Rejection can be painful if you are not strong-willed and able to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more on-site support to sales teams. This will not only help reps learn by example, it will increase accountability for sales figures.

Great Earning Potential for College Students

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee)
    Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at AroundCampus as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: -Flexible Hours -Usually big-name companies -Solid pay for student -Friendly, hangs-on management Cons: -Sometimes unreasonable expectations for success -Goals of campaign not always in… Advice to Senior Management: -More reasonable tracking goals; current ones are too easy to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I loved the training, but the actual job takes a lot of determination to get past cold calling.

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Fargo, ND

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros: It gave me experience talking with all types of business leaders. It gave me the framework to sell a product… Cons: It can be disheartening after a while. Individuals for this job need the determination and… More
There are newer reviews on AroundCampus.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AroundCampus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AroundCampus CEO John O'Brien. All reviews posted anonymously by AroundCampus employees.