A sometimes frustrating yet completely transformational experience.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You will learn to uncover the needs of others and solve problems which can benefit both your professional and social life.
You will develop super-powers such as the ability to start a conversation with anyone, anywhere and an invulnerability to rejection.
If you go into the internship with an open-mind and the goal of learning these skills, it can be a life-changing experience.

Cons

The pay is terrible. With the amount of work and dedication required to succeed in this internship, you will be making pennies relative to even menial jobs.
There is little support from managers once you exit their training program and get into your own market. (They will help you over the phone and meet in-person 1-2 times over your 3 months working which I found inadequate.)
Rejection can be painful if you are not strong-willed and able to move on.

Provide more on-site support to sales teams. This will not only help reps learn by example, it will increase accountability for sales figures.

Other Reviews for AroundCampus

Awesome Experience! Great company!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Athens, GA

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company!! We had the best management team and all of the interns became extremely close. All of our managers were young, too so it was really fun. It's really great real life sales experience, especially since print advertising is a difficult product to sell. If you can do this, you can pretty much do any sort of sales job.

Tons of recruiting from career partners. Also, training was probably the best week and a half of my life!

Cons

Some markets are harder to sell in than others. Not paid for gas and food. Only get paid compensation for money collected by certain date. If you have a bad territory it can be frustrating

Other than that, this was the best job I could have had before graduating.

A great internship to gain exposure to sales

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great networking and building rapport to business owners. Helps to build confidence and self motivation.

Cons

Going to do cold calls daily and dealing with rejection.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!