AroundCampus
www.aroundcampusgroup.com Chapel Hill, NC 50 to 149 Employees

A good experience that I would never want to repeat

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Notre Dame, IN

ProsThis internship does provide good experiences concerning sales and time and territory management. The outside sales associate will improve presentation skills and networking.

ConsThe compensation for the hours put into the job is ridiculously low. My biggest issue was that the support from management was severely lacking. After the internship is over, the company will not return calls or emails in order to address questions, concerns or requests. Several times I had sales prospects email me after my internship was over with questions. I tried to refer them to my sales manager or ask the company directly for a response to a question. I never received a response.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management needs to be more open to communication with the interns.

Sales Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Fun week in NC Majority of Sales Managers are good John O is the coolest guy you'll ever meet-it's unfortunate you… Cons: cold calling- completely unrealistic/dangerous in large city settings no office - walk around in 90+ degree weather all day alone Sales managers are unreliable- mine actually… Advice to Senior Management: John needs to check in on sales managers more, or ask for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Emotionally and physically draining

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Fun training week in NC and you get to work in a team of… Cons: Be prepared to be outside all day on sales calls No office Getting customers to buy from you is almost impossible, depending on your territory Unrealistic… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AroundCampus.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AroundCampus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AroundCampus CEO John O'Brien. All reviews posted anonymously by AroundCampus employees.