There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Great and Satisfying Experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  College Park, MD
Former Employee - Sales Representative in College Park, MD

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

One of the major pros of this internship was the training all interns received at UNC. This was a great time where we really learned about the company and how to be good sales reps. During this internship I not only learned a lot about sales/marketing, but I learned a lot about business in general. I was able to learn a lot and was able to talk with business owners so that we could identify their needs and move forward with the best ad possible in our publication. This internship taught me how hard work will truly pay off, and to always stay positive and persistant. I truly learned a lot and found this to be a very valuable and rewarding summer interning with University Directories. Also the managers are very accessible and are eager to help with any issues you may have. They truly care about developing their interns into the best business people possible.

Cons

One of the cons is that this job can get very frustrating. During training it seems as though sales will be easy but it is not that way out in the field. This can get people very discouraged but in the end being persistant and moving past all the rejections will end up paying off.

Keep doing the morning webinars. I really liked these during our group meetings every morning. Also keep being open and making your interns feel comfortable asking anybody in the company for help or advice.

203 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

Networking Opportunity of my college career

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at AroundCampus full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Outside Sales crash course, gain experience few people have in college for careers
    - CAREER PARTNERS; the career partners of UD are excellent employers to build a career with. working here got me interviews from RVA to LAX
    - Sales staff is nothing but supportive.

Cons

- Not for people that are lazy, youll waste your summer

Keep doing what youre doing

Creates the best career path for college students!

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Winona, MN
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The managers are the best you're ever going to have.
    You learn more in this internship then you do in the classrooms.
    Makes you stand out compared to your classmates for future jobs.
    Connects you with many great businesses that look for interns from this company.

Cons

Hearing "no" can get hard.
    Some businesses see the UD product as useless.
    Frustrating at times when businesses ignore you and you have to keep trying with them.

The managers and upper management make this job one of the best internships ever!

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!