There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Networking Opportunity of my college career

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at AroundCampus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Outside Sales crash course, gain experience few people have in college for careers
- CAREER PARTNERS; the career partners of UD are excellent employers to build a career with. working here got me interviews from RVA to LAX
- Sales staff is nothing but supportive.

Cons

- Not for people that are lazy, youll waste your summer

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

You get what you put in

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great introduction to B2B selling and making cold calls
    Potential for pretty good money
    Allows for a lot of independence on a daily basis

Cons

Everything you do is based upon making cold calls, ie. walking into a business blindly and immediately starting to pitch. If you're not good at that you're in for a long summer.
    A lot of rejections. Most people are fairly nice about passing up on the product while others are not so nice.
    The way you are paid is once the commission is collected. Some businesses do not pay in a timely manner and in turn you don't get commission for making that sale. There is also a cut off date for you to receive commission meaning that there is a lot of potential for you to miss out on getting paid.
    For as much work as you do, you do not get paid enough. I busted my butt off during the summer and am looking to receive not nearly the amount of money I should be. You get a $200 draw each week and 15% of your sales but until you pay off the draw, you see no money.
    I believe the product will be obsolete in a few years. No one wants to buy print advertising anymore.

Advice to Management

Product needs to be reconfigured or will become obsolete soon.
    Easy for interns to slack off and just chill while getting paid.

Great and Satisfying Experience

Former Intern - Sales Representative in College Park, MD
    Former Intern - Sales Representative in College Park, MD

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the major pros of this internship was the training all interns received at UNC. This was a great time where we really learned about the company and how to be good sales reps. During this internship I not only learned a lot about sales/marketing, but I learned a lot about business in general. I was able to learn a lot and was able to talk with business owners so that we could identify their needs and move forward with the best ad possible in our publication. This internship taught me how hard work will truly pay off, and to always stay positive and persistant. I truly learned a lot and found this to be a very valuable and rewarding summer interning with University Directories. Also the managers are very accessible and are eager to help with any issues you may have. They truly care about developing their interns into the best business people possible.

Cons

One of the cons is that this job can get very frustrating. During training it seems as though sales will be easy but it is not that way out in the field. This can get people very discouraged but in the end being persistant and moving past all the rejections will end up paying off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the morning webinars. I really liked these during our group meetings every morning. Also keep being open and making your interns feel comfortable asking anybody in the company for help or advice.