There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Creates the best career path for college students!

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Winona, MN
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The managers are the best you're ever going to have.
You learn more in this internship then you do in the classrooms.
Makes you stand out compared to your classmates for future jobs.
Connects you with many great businesses that look for interns from this company.

Cons

Hearing "no" can get hard.
Some businesses see the UD product as useless.
Frustrating at times when businesses ignore you and you have to keep trying with them.

The managers and upper management make this job one of the best internships ever!

204 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

University Directories Reviews

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Ames, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ames, IA

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Voted the #1 collegiate media company in the nation, I would recommend this internship to anyone who is interested in building relationships, learning to challenge their limits, and is ready to take the next step in their career path. University Directories not only provides a great sales foundation academy in Chapel Hill, North Carolina for interns across the country, but they provide EXCELLENT management that continues to mentor and push you during the entire summer. As a college senior, I have so many valuable life lessons to take away from this internship and am already being reached out to by partners of the company for full-time positions after graduation. If you want to work at a place that is going to not only help you find a job, but continue to care about you as an individual, University Directories is the way to go! You'll take nothing but memorable experiences, close relationships, and skills you can use to enhance your daily lifestyle!

Cons

The only thing I would change about the internship is getting to know more people from other reasons. Although we had a close-knitted region, I feel people should be given more time to talk with others at training about different cultures and seeing if they would be interested in looking at employment outside of their comfort zones!

You get what you put in

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great introduction to B2B selling and making cold calls
    Potential for pretty good money
    Allows for a lot of independence on a daily basis

Cons

Everything you do is based upon making cold calls, ie. walking into a business blindly and immediately starting to pitch. If you're not good at that you're in for a long summer.
    A lot of rejections. Most people are fairly nice about passing up on the product while others are not so nice.
    The way you are paid is once the commission is collected. Some businesses do not pay in a timely manner and in turn you don't get commission for making that sale. There is also a cut off date for you to receive commission meaning that there is a lot of potential for you to miss out on getting paid.
    For as much work as you do, you do not get paid enough. I busted my butt off during the summer and am looking to receive not nearly the amount of money I should be. You get a $200 draw each week and 15% of your sales but until you pay off the draw, you see no money.
    I believe the product will be obsolete in a few years. No one wants to buy print advertising anymore.

Product needs to be reconfigured or will become obsolete soon.
    Easy for interns to slack off and just chill while getting paid.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!