There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Creates the best career path for college students!

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The managers are the best you're ever going to have.
You learn more in this internship then you do in the classrooms.
Makes you stand out compared to your classmates for future jobs.
Connects you with many great businesses that look for interns from this company.

Cons

Hearing "no" can get hard.
Some businesses see the UD product as useless.
Frustrating at times when businesses ignore you and you have to keep trying with them.

The managers and upper management make this job one of the best internships ever!

208 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

University Directories Reviews

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ames, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ames, IA

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Voted the #1 collegiate media company in the nation, I would recommend this internship to anyone who is interested in building relationships, learning to challenge their limits, and is ready to take the next step in their career path. University Directories not only provides a great sales foundation academy in Chapel Hill, North Carolina for interns across the country, but they provide EXCELLENT management that continues to mentor and push you during the entire summer. As a college senior, I have so many valuable life lessons to take away from this internship and am already being reached out to by partners of the company for full-time positions after graduation. If you want to work at a place that is going to not only help you find a job, but continue to care about you as an individual, University Directories is the way to go! You'll take nothing but memorable experiences, close relationships, and skills you can use to enhance your daily lifestyle!

Cons

The only thing I would change about the internship is getting to know more people from other reasons. Although we had a close-knitted region, I feel people should be given more time to talk with others at training about different cultures and seeing if they would be interested in looking at employment outside of their comfort zones!

Could have done better if I looked more Internships

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people that you work with are all awesome.

Cons

The pay was not that great. It all depended on what territory you received. The training in North Carolina seems like it will be really fun, yet it is grueling boring and the script they make to learn is hardly used when you’re out in the field. This job was really hard and I would not recommend it unless you are superior at sales and you live in a college town where all the companies rely on kids to buy their products.

Some how split of the good companies amoung sales reps so they all have the same chance to succed, once your in a rutt of not making money or selling, you usually stay there.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus