There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

The internship was exhausting and not worth the stress it caused

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Looks good on a resume
Possibilities for networking

Cons

Multiple managers breathing down your neck
Very low compensation
Long hours and demanding schedules
Literally drive around all day
Lasts literally the entire summer
Being told to work toward unrealistic goals
They frown upon you if you don't work overtime some nights
The company relies on interns to make almost all of its profits

Pay more attention to the advice and insights that the interns are giving you. They are actually out in the field and know a lot more about whether your techniques and methods are working.

Don't make it required for each team to have 2 meetings every day. They become monotonous and just end up costing us more gas to talk about the same things.

Put a LOT more effort into advertising your cruel products. This will make it a lot easier for the interns to get clients interested in buying.

209 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

Career Changing

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

Incredible Experience, Challenging, Will get you out of your comfort zone and give you skills you can use.

Cons

Understanding that it takes time to grow.

Keep it up!

It's okay if you want to work for $4/hour

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

I worked for this company for two summers in their internship and yes companies do like the experience you get from the sales training and cold calling sales you do.

Cons

BEWARE OF THE INTERVIEW AND HIRING PROCESS!!! The regional manager will interview you promising the world and how great your life will be with this internship. THEY ARE SALES PEOPLE!!!! They do nothing else other than manage you in the summer and spend the rest of their time finding stupid people all other months of the year to do this internship and make ridiculous promises. The company makes all of its revenues during the summer on the backs of YOU! They send you to do a week long "sales training" in Chapel Hill but anyone with brains can see its just a pep rally to get you hooked into their scheming ways. They pay you $200/week and expect you to work 40 hours per week at least (do the math). They promise you commission but for the two summers I worked there were only a handful out of a hundred who actually had a chance to earn more than that $200. They base it on if they pay or not which you will find out when you get "renewals" that this company has a hard time getting their companies they scam to pay. They talk about how their platform is "top of the line". No, you ask companies for hundreds of dollars for a tiny ad in the back of a student planner that they can see no return from whatsoever. I was also in an organization who had to hand out the thousands of planners they promise to the businesses but that never happened. We would throw away boxes of those planners and still get paid by this company to "hand them out". After working their for two summers I can honestly say that they force their top sellers into doing these positive reviews. The pressure from top management during the summer is unbearable at times. If you want to work for basically nothing asking people for money all day then go ahead and get your "internship". They prey on people just looking for an "internship". If I can get just one person not to do it I would be able to sleep better at night.

If you pay your people more then they would have more incentive to stay out all day selling and go to those stupid morning and afternoon meetings that accomplish nothing

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus