AroundCampus

www.aroundcampusgroup.com

You get what you put in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat introduction to B2B selling and making cold calls
Potential for pretty good money
Allows for a lot of independence on a daily basis

ConsEverything you do is based upon making cold calls, ie. walking into a business blindly and immediately starting to pitch. If you're not good at that you're in for a long summer.
A lot of rejections. Most people are fairly nice about passing up on the product while others are not so nice.
The way you are paid is once the commission is collected. Some businesses do not pay in a timely manner and in turn you don't get commission for making that sale. There is also a cut off date for you to receive commission meaning that there is a lot of potential for you to miss out on getting paid.
For as much work as you do, you do not get paid enough. I busted my butt off during the summer and am looking to receive not nearly the amount of money I should be. You get a $200 draw each week and 15% of your sales but until you pay off the draw, you see no money.
I believe the product will be obsolete in a few years. No one wants to buy print advertising anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct needs to be reconfigured or will become obsolete soon.
Easy for interns to slack off and just chill while getting paid.

The internship was exhausting and not worth the stress it caused

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Looks good on a resume Possibilities for networking Cons: Multiple managers breathing down your neck Very low compensation Long hours and demanding schedules Literally drive around all day Lasts literally the entire summer Being told to work… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to the advice and insights that the interns are giving you. They are actually out in the field and know a lot… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Career Changing

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros: Incredible Experience, Challenging, Will get you out of your comfort… Cons: Understanding that it takes time to grow. Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AroundCampus.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!