AroundCampus

Land of Opportunities

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales
Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of partnering companies that you can easily land a job with after being successful in the internship.

Cons

-no $$$ in it.
-bad design work
-a lot of dissatisfied customers

Better communication with the business owners about Ad design!!

220 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

EXPERIENCE OF A LIFE TIME

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales in Ames, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader/Sales in Ames, IA

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Best opportunity I could have ever asked for at a college level. NONE of my friends or classmates have had the experience I have had after completing this internship. Want to put yourself above the average and above all of the others you are competing against? DO IT. Best networking you could ever have a long with a training experience above all others. I had SEVEN companies reach out to me after the internship was over because they appreciate how difficult it is and what kind of person it takes to be successful.

Cons

Hardest thing I have ever done during the first month. Can be emotionally draining but you get used to it after awhile. You will be SO GLAD when you stick it out.

KEEP IT UP! Awesome, positive, relatable, personable, talented, I could go on and on. And OUTSTANDING and sales training!

Great and Satisfying Experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative in College Park, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in College Park, MD

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

One of the major pros of this internship was the training all interns received at UNC. This was a great time where we really learned about the company and how to be good sales reps. During this internship I not only learned a lot about sales/marketing, but I learned a lot about business in general. I was able to learn a lot and was able to talk with business owners so that we could identify their needs and move forward with the best ad possible in our publication. This internship taught me how hard work will truly pay off, and to always stay positive and persistant. I truly learned a lot and found this to be a very valuable and rewarding summer interning with University Directories. Also the managers are very accessible and are eager to help with any issues you may have. They truly care about developing their interns into the best business people possible.

Cons

One of the cons is that this job can get very frustrating. During training it seems as though sales will be easy but it is not that way out in the field. This can get people very discouraged but in the end being persistant and moving past all the rejections will end up paying off.

Keep doing the morning webinars. I really liked these during our group meetings every morning. Also keep being open and making your interns feel comfortable asking anybody in the company for help or advice.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus