AroundCampus

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Negative Internship Experience

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a great team that I worked with every day. We got along fairly well by the end of the 12 weeks. The training in NC was pretty fun too.

Cons

First of all, even though the training was in a fun location, it was very time intensive. You were expected to put in overtime and stay up until 3 am despite a usual 6 am wake up time- all would be fine, but the training was without pay. Next, I felt like management promoted lying to any potential customers to get any sort of sale, which I took negatively. The market I worked in didn't quite take to the product but they would not take no for an answer. Also it was essential to put in more time after our allotted 9 hours a day, without any overtime being paid. The weekly base pay also was not nearly enough because of all the money spent on gas and other things. I essentially made no money last summer and this internship was a mistake in my opinion.

220 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

Sales Rep

I worked at AroundCampus

Pros

Great learning experience and had a lot of opportunities after with career partners

Cons

low pay, product is tough too sell, poor communication with the home office.

A Summer to Remember

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You learn a lot. You learn to be independent and to step outside of your comfort zone. You learn how to deal with people (clients) and how to be more professional. Training at North Carolina was a fun experience.

Cons

It was not for someone who is weak and easily breakable. you experience so much frustration in this job. actually, it would be an everyday thing.

promote your product better to its users. the students don't even know what it is.

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus