There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Very challenging but rewarding experience

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chapel Hill, NC
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chapel Hill, NC

Pros

Great on resume and sales skills will take you far in life

Cons

The hours are long and lack of sales could be very discouraging

Advice to Management

Definitely attitude. It determines everything. Try not to focus too much on the money for you will not get much but focus more on the actual experience and communication skills. Overall great experience.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

Do not work here.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC

Pros

You schedule your own work day.

Cons

You are essentially selling ad space in a university planner to local businesses (strictly a sales job, not the marketing and PR job it is presented as). You have to cold call 30 businesses a day and often deal with former clients who have been dissatisfied, as they are rarely happy with their ad's success.

Advice to Management

Some of the managers are very good, but others lack organization. My regional manager did not give my sales team the information and paperwork we needed early enough in the internship to give us a chance to make our sales goal. Later in the summer, this manager ended up leaving the company without any warning which was also very disruptive.

Hard Work and Big Rewards

Former Employee - Sales Representative in College Park, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in College Park, MD

Pros

Real world experience Work as a team Great Managers Sales Training at UNC for a week Structured program One of the few paid internships

Cons

It is very difficult work You can get unlucky with your territory It is strictly cold calling It can become monotonous

Advice to Management

You should tell sales representatives to write down the reasons for why the are rejected. I did not know prices would go down or there would be alive after five at the beginning of the summer. This would have been useful to know so reps can know to go back or not.