There are newer employer reviews for Arrow Electronics

Good place to work with some caveats

Former Employee - Account Representative in Solon, OH
Former Employee - Account Representative in Solon, OH

I worked at Arrow Electronics

Pros

Intelligent people, good management. Decent pay. Promotion is possible

Cons

Company likes to buy other companies, than let a bunch of people go......they do it over and over

Some cronyism in the way people get promoted, your boss has to really like you, and sometimes the best do not get the promotions.

Advice to Management

You are creating your own morale problems

reviews filtered by

Decent location and place to work if you are already in Colorado, but I wouldn't relocate to work here.

Current Employee - Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics

Pros

Location is right off the highway, employees are very friendly (but isn't everyone in Colorado??), currently improving technology, lots of new employees - so you won't feel alone.

Cons

Pay is fairly low unless you come in at Directors level or above. Benefits are just okay. Management will fire/layoff employees easily - most people are new and now I know why. NO DIVERSITY in upper management, nor does the company care. No bells & whistles (well depends on which building they stick you in) no gym, no cafeteria, no on-campus events/guest speakers. Managers track everything; vacation, sick time, holidays..you name it - not flexible at all.

Advice to Management

More onsite training/lectures for employees (no more web-based training). Establish diversity initiatives. Pay people what they are worth. Implement flexible work schedules.

Not what I expected.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics

Pros

Pay is pretty good and benefits are as good as most Fortune 500's. I can't really think of anything else to include in "pro's"

Cons

I'm pretty disappointed in what I've experienced with Arrow. I've been treated fairly and my immediate management is pretty competent; but the company overall is disappointing. This is largely my fault. I should have done much more in depth research about Arrow, the competition, and future prospects for the company. I thought I was getting into a "technology company". Instead, I found an old-line warehousing and distribution company with a deteriorating business position.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of under-utilized talent with your lower level employees. Try to use this resource to add more value for your customers.