Arrow Electronics

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

Great management - those in charge know their jobs inside and out. Always given the tools necessary to complete the job. Great opportunity for growth at the corporate level for those with initiative. Great values and forward thinking is apparent.

Cons

Advancement opportunities limited at local branches, restructuring is disruptive (hopefully this is only temporary)

When making large changes to internal structure, be sure to implement enough time for new recruits to get trained and up to speed.

290 Other Employee Reviews for Arrow Electronics (View Most Recent)

Salaries are below the industry average in Mexico. Growth opportunities are not offered.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get paid on time every month.

Cons

Salaries are really low.
    No growth opportunities.
    It did not felt like you were working for an international company, it was managed as a mexican company. Meaning you would not get the same training, benefits and transmision of company's values as the people in United States.
    No bonuses.
    My manager would give me a revision performance withouth talking to me first.

Reestructure the entire Mexico division.

Unbiased review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strategy to expand beyond normal distribution.

Cons

Bell curved employee annual reviews...which are used to give performance raises.
    Work from home flexibility non existent at this location, very much a corporate office mentality.
    Integration of purchased companies lacking.
    UNITY project (one global system) now 3 years and millions of dollars past due.

Millions spent on branding and commercials that are seen ... Where? Employee town halls? The ROI appears small.
    No transparency...do as I say not as I do atmosphere. IE no trips, expenses, but exceptions are made daily. Stop putting out mandates and immediately providing work arounds. It's either yes or no.
    Sabbaticals and ESOP ended for 'normal' employees. No explanation if ESOP ended for the chairman and CEO and balance of the board of directors.
    Retain good talent and pay market value. Rate managers on their churn, including HR managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Arrow Electronics