Great Opportunities - but no work life balance

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cutting edge experiences in most fields, with unusual freedom to innovate or research and adopt best practices.

Cons

You must be devoted to the company and travel schedules can be grueling. As a single person "with no ties / home responsibilities" I was given what I felt to be an unfair proportion of the work involving travel vs colleagues who had spouses / family. I believe that living single is often more difficult because you don't have someone to take help out with life responsibilities!

Think it through! Just because I don't have kids doesn't mean that I shouldn't have a life outside of work!

Other Reviews for Arrow Electronics

Intern

Current Employee - Intern  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Intern in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic team of engineers to work with , very supportive
    great overall technical exposure and opportunities to work in areas based on your own interests

Cons

I just cannot think of any cons

Stable company with declining benefits.

Current Employee - Network Systems Engineer  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Network Systems Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part management is clear about the direction of the company. The company is doing well nationally and internationally so it is fairly stable. Work life can be a bit hectic and demanding especially around the end of each quarter. Most jobs are in the area of parts order fulfillment or electronic parts sales. Work is consistent and the pay rates are mostly competitive.

Cons

Over the last couple of years the benefit packages have been getting a lot more costly. In addition the employee stock purchase program keeps getting suspended. Finally the sabbatical program has been cut permanently. The company has had to tighten the belt and that has been reflected in the move of the corporate HQ as well as cramming more people into smaller cube spaces.

Strive to rehumanized the work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Arrow Electronics.

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!