Arrow Electronics

www.arrow.com

Great learning experience!

Current Employee - Intern  in  Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Intern in Englewood, CO

Pros

*Got to learn a lot about the company structure
*Had the flexibility to work when it worked best for me

Cons

*Really had to ask continuously to keep the flow of work coming

Other reviews for Arrow Electronics

Just remember your a number in the corporate world with Arrow, it is all about the shareholders and not the employees

Pros

Co-workers were great for the most part

Cons

career path will be based on politics and beware of who you share information with, back stabbing runs rampant and I was amazed what people would do to try to get ahead.

Management knows what the problems are, the question is when they will finally look at the root cause and make the appropriate changes.

I worked there for over 10 years, didn't realize how stressed I was until I left.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

In my over 10 years of working at Arrow, I worked with many people that I have a great respect for. Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance.

Cons

The benefits used to be exceptional and put Arrow above all other employers but over the years, the cost went up, coverage went down, lost tuition reimbursement, and lost sabbatical program. While some management is willing to work with employees, others (mostly the upper management ie directors) require salaried employees to get an unrealistic amount of work done in an unrealistic amount of time and has no problem coming in at 9 and leaving at 5 while their employees come in before 6am in the morning and leave after 10pm in the evening. Appreciation is rarely shown or communicated.

be able to do what your team does. How can you review and "approve" the work your team does without knowing how the work is done? An employee likes to go to their manager for help and guidance but if the manager has no idea what doing the work entails, the employee is out on an island. Division presidents talk about a great culture, but the management does not encourage the cloture by example. Yes they talk a great game, but do not deliver in action or example.

There are newer employer reviews for Arrow Electronics.

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!