Arrowhead Insurance

Arrowhead is solid

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance

Pros

The opportunities for Growth at Arrowhead are amazing. The organization is very flat which allows for greater transparency and communication. If you aren't a decision maker you are very close to one. Finally, your time is respected and you aren't asked to give up your personal life for work.

Cons

The insurance industry is very un-sexy. At this time we're in a very soft market and job security is a concern. Beyond that there isn't too much to complain about. Some people find what they do unfullfilling but that isn't a flaw with the company so much as a mismatch with employer/employee.

I have no major criticisms to share beyond what I've said above. I'm in a solid place right now at Arrowhead and think the company itself is on track even in this hard time.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Arrowhead Insurance (View Most Recent)

Working for AGIA in the second quarter '08

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance

Pros

A decent company that treats it's employees fairly. Offers a decent benefits package and has decent salaries. The employees are friendly and you feel like you can ask higher management anything if you have questions or concerns.

Cons

Sometimes depending on your position there is a real lack for promotion within your department. If you do not have college education backing you a lot of times you really suffer even if you have the knowledge for the job. Currently the insurance industry is a tough one to work for and it seems like everyone is asking each other, "Is today the day that we're going to be laid off too"?

Look at the actual job that an employee is doing, not just the job title that they are assigned and compensate them for that.

Making Insurance a little less boring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Arrowhead Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The office was just overhauled so it looks great. There is a lot of transparency between management and staff, and there is an open door policy that's great. Very good starting pay and opportunities to learn and grow, if you take them. Lots of autonomy from my manager, which I really enjoy and appreciate as most people don't appreciate being micromanaged.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from division. Training leaves much to be desired, as there really isn't any or enough. Always rushing to the next deadline means that there isn't enough time to learn to do your job better. If you want the personal growth aspects, you'll need to learn some of them outside of the job, because you're always working to the next project or issue. Lack of organization from division and constant changes make it frustrating. Benefits could (and should) be so much better, since we work for an insurance company. Everything is an add-on, and costs and arm and a leg.

Give your employees time to learn their jobs and time to grow into them. Stop rushing from project to project and focus on the overall growth of the team and departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Arrowhead Insurance