great

I have been working at Art Center College

Pros

It is a very creative place and full of highly innovative people. There are a lot of energy and competition between students.

Cons

Art Center is a stressful envoironment and everything is happening in fast pace. No time to relax of rest if you want to be competitive and stay above average.

Other Reviews for Art Center College

Great faculty, great students, HORRIBLE administration (especially admissions)

Former Employee - Admissions
    Former Employee - Admissions

I worked at Art Center College

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. Cool campus.

Cons

Ultimately, Art Center is a pretty cold place to work. Depends on the dept but certainly steer clear of admissions and KB unless you like to be micromanaged (as in, "let me just check to see what font you are using in your email" micromanaged). The admin is very much entrenched, territorial and new initiatives/creative thinking are ironically scarce at such a good art school. Lots of petty infighting.

New VP of Admissions. Check the retention rate of staff there... it's a revolving door.

Great people & environment

Former Employee - Intern  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Art Center College as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very interested in personal growth since it is in education. Loved my coworkers. Still go back to visit my coworkers frequently.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. HR treated me wonderfully, as did staff. I would love to work here again. People are very cultured and can introduce you to so many new things.

Keep doing what you're doing. Very concerned with team's well-being, and have never been treated better.

There are newer employer reviews for Art Center College.

Worked for Art Center College? Contribute to the Community!