Art Institute of Houston

www.aii.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Art Institute of Houston

Awful, all lies, sales job!

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Houston, TX

I worked at Art Institute of Houston full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people that work there and the paycheck.

Cons

Not what they make it seem like during the interview process, once you are hired then you find out how awful of a place it really is. Sitting in a cube for a period of 8 hours or more calling off canceled lists, inquiries from years dating all the way back to 2000. Managers are awful and disrespect you. They hover over you and try to intimidate you by watching your every move. They will listen in on your phone calls to make sure you are being robotic when trying to convince and coerce a student to come in. Then they make you manipulate a student by telling them that they're getting this amazing education when in fact it is a six figure degree you might as well go to a REAL university. A lot of manipulation and conning I don't know how these people and the Institute still exists. Awful place to work! Do not work here is the advice I would give any person looking for a job desperate or not.

Quit hovering over your employees they are all doing their jobs, word to the wise, manipulation and conning will come back to you. Being disrespectful to your employees and talking down to them as if they are children, is the main reason why your turnover is so high.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Art Institute of Houston (View Most Recent)

RUN!!! You WILL regret it!!!

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Houston, TX

I have been working at Art Institute of Houston full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They pay is good, but you're going to work for it! PTO is almost impossible to use because of so many blackout dates. The school is year round, so every weekend there is some "made up event" to get students to enroll happening.

Cons

Where do I begin??? When I first received the news that I had gotten the job at Ai, I was so excited. I thought that I would be helping students accomplish their dreams. This is not the case! Students are numbers here. Every day I am required to call 100 people/prospective students to sell them the “Ai education.” The education here is literally, six figures! This is for ONE degree! ...The hours are long and you'll work most weekends (6 days a week). There is no overtime as the company is on a very strict budget; I can see layoffs coming in the future. If you are married with children or if you have a life in general, this is NOT the place for you.
     Perhaps the most difficult part of this job is that I have been deceived. I was NEVER told that this was a SALES JOB. I wanted this job because I thought the company had a prestigious reputation for helping students achieve artistic careers but, this is not the case. As one of the other reviews mentioned, I know that you may be desperate for a job (especially in this economy) but keep looking. You'll regret, I promise, I do. Every day I have to pray to walk through those doors just to make sure that I can pay my bills and etc. I've never experienced anything like this, I feel like I'm being tortured. I don't trust ANYONE here, mainly the management team. I can't see how they sleep at night.
    RUN!!

You need to inform others that this is a SALES JOB!

It's not horrible

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Houston, TX

I have been working at Art Institute of Houston full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, creative atmosphere, meeting new people all the time with great stories and talent

Cons

No pay for performance. In the end it becomes more work with the same pay.

Value the people that help build value in the school. Hard work and going beyond the limits should be rewarded with more than recognition. It takes more than that to keep good people.

There are newer employer reviews for Art Institute of Houston