Expect poor communication skills, lots of "bait and switch"

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Found me a position.
Competitive Pay

Cons

Cold called me with a position, it actually was a good fit. However didn't have me apply to Artech or become an employee until after I accepted the position. That is when I discovered the complete lack of benefits, $10 probationary rate for the first 30 days, and non-compete clauses. Because I hadn't signed anything with them I could have (and probably should have) contacted the hiring manager to see what other contracting agencies they work with.

Almost all of their employees have very thick accents making communication very difficult.

Before sending a candidate in for an interview, have them added to the Artech system. Based on how well I got along with the hiring manager, and the fact I hadn't signed a single piece of paper, it would have been easy to come in with a different agency or as an independent. Hire reps with better communication skills and have them talk through Artech requirements.

Other Reviews for Artech Information Systems

Can't complain, I have a job

Current Employee - Computer Tech  in  Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Computer Tech in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Artech Information Systems part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's part time so I have very flexible hours

Cons

Company keeps messing with my paycheck, have been waiting a month for one measley $70 mileage check that they keep not paying me??

Support your contractors and full time employees, if you say your going to do something for them....do it.

Communication difficult when training was provided by co-workers located in India.

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Westminster, CO

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I cannot think of 1 pro to work at Artech.

Cons

Pay was low when expected to be a 24/7 employee and training was very difficult when language and culture was from another country,

Be honest and communicate that training would be provided from someone from another country with broken English.

There are newer employer reviews for Artech Information Systems.

Worked for Artech Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!