There are newer employer reviews for Artech Information Systems

Hard Working Team of People. Good experience with them.

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time

Pros

I have learned a lot in the relatively short time that I have been with Artech. My co-workers have all been friendly, and are extremely hard working. My experience with Artech has been a good one. There has not been one day in which I have dreaded coming to work. I truly do enjoy what I do. My boss has been a great mentor to me and has also been encouraging and supportive for what I do. I understand that every one has a right to their opinion I have read the negative posts. However, this has been my experience with the company. I am not being paid to write a positive review. No one is making me do this. This is how I feel. Each person that I have interacted with from executive level on down have always been helpful. I leave work feeling great about what I have contributed and am proud of what I do.

Cons

Do not have much to say about cons. I have heard the health benefits are not cheap, but I do not use Artech's.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Don’t just Walk, Sprint Away!

I worked at Artech Information Systems

Pros

Will give you a job if you have been unemployed for awhile. Expect it to be well below market rate. They do Sponsor Visas since that is the only people they can keep hired. Many employees are friendly and hard workers.

Cons

There is no management structure at Artech, as a result, there is an extremely high turnover rate. The executive team doesn’t care about its employees; you are just a number to them to get GM. They hire inexperienced people for less money and provide no training or a career path. If you don’t perform or if you ask for more money you are replaced with another inexperienced employee, and the cycle continues. Don’t expect any perks just horrible pay and the benefits are some of the worst in the industry. At maximum, employees stay around 6 months when they realize how bad it is and find something else. The only employees who stay at Artech are ones they bring on Visa Sponsorship so they have no choice but to stay and work like a slave with long hours, unrealistic targets and little reward. Even some of them have quit and moved back to India, it is that bad. Avoid working here at all cost unless you have absolutely no other choice of employment. If you are currently working there, polish your resume and get out ASAP, its much greener on the other side of the fence. As you see from all other negative reviews on the site, this is not an opinion, but a fact.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and give them a career path. Provide proper appraisals each year with market rate compensation & raises to reward hard work. (Raises over Inflation would be helpful) If you treat your employees like they are worthless and pay them way below the market rate, why would anyone stay there unless they had no choice. Artech’s revenue continues to grow each year due to the hard work of your employees, share this wealth with all of them instead of hoarding it to only the top executives. The greed and very poor management of this company will continue to hurt Artech unless major changes are made.

Expect poor communication skills, lots of "bait and switch"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Found me a position.
    Competitive Pay

Cons

Cold called me with a position, it actually was a good fit. However didn't have me apply to Artech or become an employee until after I accepted the position. That is when I discovered the complete lack of benefits, $10 probationary rate for the first 30 days, and non-compete clauses. Because I hadn't signed anything with them I could have (and probably should have) contacted the hiring manager to see what other contracting agencies they work with.

Almost all of their employees have very thick accents making communication very difficult.

Advice to Management

Before sending a candidate in for an interview, have them added to the Artech system. Based on how well I got along with the hiring manager, and the fact I hadn't signed a single piece of paper, it would have been easy to come in with a different agency or as an independent. Hire reps with better communication skills and have them talk through Artech requirements.