There are newer employer reviews for Artech Information Systems

Artech is an excellent company that is supportive of its employees and consultants.

I have been working at Artech Information Systems

Pros

Artech has great opportunities for career growth, a really good talent development program, a management team that provides good direction, and flex time for those with families.

Cons

Hard work -- you have to be dedicated to work at Artech. It's not just about long hours, it's about working smart to make sure employeees, consultants and customers are taken care of.

Advice to Management

I suggest that the Artech management continue developing its talented workforce, providing opportunities for advancement and growth, and continue sharing its success with its employees and consultants.

reviews filtered by
  1. Artech is a friendly and professional company with a rewarding work enviornment.

I have been working at Artech Information Systems

Pros

Artech treats each of its employees with respect and encourages them to move beyond their capabilities. Artech is a great place to gain valuable experience no matter what your career goal is. The management is very friendly and always willing to accomodate your needs.

Cons

At times, things can be overwhelming as the work can difficuly. If you are driven this will not be a problem and the management team is available to coach you through any issues.

Advice to Management

Artech's management team should continue to showcase its fast growth. Advance to new untapped markets and geographies. This will open up more ways for its employees and consultants to gain additional success.

If you are independent & professional, you can do well. But they are erratic & redundant in communications.

Current Employee - Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Artech Information Systems

Pros

As a contractor, I was able to work 99% with the manager of the company I worked for and had almost no contact with ARtech. Since I am professional and know how to manage my projects, my management & time, it was fine.

Cons

ARtech employees would call me or email me 2-3-4 times about the same issues (e.g. timecard processes over the holidays or asking when I was ending my contract). They don't seem to talk to each other & because most work in other locations, they don't know the local situation. For example, a recruiter called me today about another contract but had no idea that the job was 60 miles from my home. They are also extremely aggressive about pursuing a candidate. They don't pay top-scale wages, so be prepared for lower rates than you might expect elsewhere. Also, most people speak with heavy accents, so you have to be prepared to be patient.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to professionalize the work of your employees.