There are newer employer reviews for Arthrex

Arthrex is a Great Company. Nothing like it.

Former Employee - CNC Machinist in Naples, FL
Former Employee - CNC Machinist in Naples, FL

I worked at Arthrex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Persoanl Growth, after 90 days probation 2 weeks vacation. Free health care. People are great to work with. Great Supervisors and Managers. Decent pay. A Lot of room to advance to another field. Benefits are amazing.

Cons

Parking lot always full. They are building a new one for more room.

Advice to Management

Nothing

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Zombies Wanted

I have been working at Arthrex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company located in a nice area of SW Florida. Good benefits. Great place to work if you just want to work 8:00 to 5:00 and not have to show any initiative. Arthrex is a good company for three to five years and then it is time to move on.

Cons

Lack of communication. No upward mobility, unless you want to wait 15 or 20 years. If you are not a manger you are not considered having anything worth while to add to the company. HR is useless. Inc. Training department is useless. Recruiting department is useless. Good old boy company. The word Team is used, but each department is in it for themselves. Lots of politics and back stabbing. Lack of leadership and mentoring. If your not a female or Product Manager or Senior Design Engineer the President will never know or care to know your name. Lack of leadership is worth mentioning again.

Advice to Management

I have no advice because they wouldn't take it even if I gave it.

2. Great Company with a developing Supply Chain Program

Current Employee - Supply Chain Buyer in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Buyer in Naples, FL

I have been working at Arthrex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High growth company A lot of project opportunity (If there is enough interest) Pay is considerable versus the standard of the market (Also no state income tax for Florida employees) Great benefits, free healthcare, and some dental coverage with no out of pocket premiums from paycheck Free food provided in the cafeteria everyday

Cons

Lack of organization (High Utilization of tribal knowledge: business and information is conducted through e-mails and spreadsheets and not the ERP) There is an extensive amount of manual work that is done here; Most jobs could have a lot of capital freed up if their was automation of the mindless non-value-add tasks that must be performed to get the basics of the job done. Location is located right near the Gulf of Mexico and is a very pretty place, however there is a lack of a younger crowd and cost of living can be a bit expensive. No real use of standard supply chain concepts such as : S&OP, 6SIGMA, KAIZEN, CPFR, ISCM AND CRM INTEGRATION, ETC.

Advice to Management

I think this is a great company, and I came to work here to improve and learn with the new growing SC department. My advice is to not simply ignore taking on or adopting new and advanced SC practices today, even though they may be unfamiliar to the current managers. It is imperative that we stay ahead of/ surpass our competitors in regards to operational efficiency NOW and not wait until the distant future when our growth has slowed. Also do not be afraid to challenge your employees with new interesting works or projects, this will motivate them to work harder and smarter when it is in regards to something they are interested in.