Great Atmosphere and Great Career Starter

I worked at Arthritis Foundation

Pros

I learned a lot as an intern and was given a lot of room to do assignments on my own time. I liked that there was no micromanagement as long as I got the job done. I was also given excellent creative criticism that I've carried into my current career. I would not be where I am today in my career if it wasn't for what I learned at the Arthritis Foundation

Cons

Better pay instead of a stipend for the semester.

Other Reviews for Arthritis Foundation

Great cause but poor leadership

Former Employee - Development Director
    Former Employee - Development Director

I worked at Arthritis Foundation

Pros

Arthritis patients and their families need an organization to represent this urgent cause. National staff were supportive and the volunteers want to help.

Cons

Overall, arthritis is not regarded as an urgent issue. The national Foundation has yet to find a way to make this it's focus and spends way to much time thinking about the next best fundraising event when no one will come if they don't care about the issue. Regional management is inept and unstable.

They have a good heart, but are a dysfunctional organization

I have been working at Arthritis Foundation

Pros

You are truly making a difference in the lives of people affected by arthritis. Great people to work with. Recognition for job well done. Well-respected organization. Flexible re: personal/sick/vacation days.

Cons

Communication between management and staff is not consistent, and not always timely. Deadlines are announced without much notice. Regional staff are favored over satellite offices. Benefits are not the best - vacation policy is well-below most. Paperwork is horrendous.

Have more team-building exercises and/or experiences. Provide training to enhance staff knowledge of arthritis. Upgrade benefits. Ease up on the paperwork (i.e. accounting procedures especially!!)

There are newer employer reviews for Arthritis Foundation.

Worked for Arthritis Foundation? Contribute to the Community!