Gallagher Benefit Services Summer Intern

Former Intern - Intern in Itasca, IL
Former Intern - Intern in Itasca, IL

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Tremendous culture and work environment. Upper-level management is very much involved with employees/interns and always willing to offer advice and assistance. Exceptional opportunity to gain sales training as a college student and a heavy emphasis is placed on increasing the interns professionalism and value as a future member of the workforce.

Cons

Industry that demands significant training before an employee would be able to tackle problems on their own

Advice to Management

Continue to stay involved with the internship program and develop young talent that will eventually lead AJG to further success in the marketplace.

reviews filtered by

Beware

Former Contractor - Contractor in Itasca, IL
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Itasca, IL

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has workout/fitness center and a nice, but pricy cafe.

Cons

All of my managers were from Arthur Anderson, and we all know what the management did to that company. Positions were 'created' for Arthur Anderson friends. Gallagher is not a bad company to work for, but someone should be watching who's hiring employees.

My manager fired me because I couldn't complete a project that she knew nothing about. She was with AJG for only 2 months before I started and I could tell she didn't know what she was talking about and that I would be the 'scapegoat' when she couldn't meet the timeline.

Nice to know I was right about that!!!! It's weird getting that sense when you first meet your boss.

Advice to Management

Please watch that not too many people from Arthur Anderson are hired. Also, be sure that projects are given the correct timeline. AND Gallagher Family........ watch out for those Arthur Anderson people, they brought down one company and after working with them....yours could be next. One more thing Mr.Gallagher, you know that book "The Gallagher Way"? The Arthur Anderson people made fun of it for an hour during one of my meetings.........

2. Not a good experience; boring and fake people in a pretty horrible place to be.

Former Intern - Summer Associate in Glendale, CA
    Former Intern - Summer Associate in Glendale, CA

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay once you get a job

Cons

Everyone seemed pretty unhappy and scared of management. Management was almost entirely recruited from outside.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and dignity.