There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Stay away!

Former Employee - Senior Manager
Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Global reach. We had good coffee in our office.

Cons

Just about everything else. Advice if you are considering going to work for these people: Don't. If you're like I was, you've probably read a mix of good and bad about AJG, but the bad is really bad. And if you're like me, you think the bad is probably just rare exceptions in certain areas. And like me, you would be dead wrong. These people will promise you the world, then throw you under the bus if it suits them. This is a very fragmented organization, so all the resources they have will likely not be made available to you, even though they'll tell you otherwise. Don't just walk away. RUN!!!

I won't waste my time.

185 Other Employee Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (View Most Recent)

I had a positive experience at Arthur J. Gallagher.

Former Employee - Summer Sales Intern  in  Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Summer Sales Intern in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment. Very good internship

Cons

Selling employee health benefits -- boring stuff

More structure

the worst company I've ever seen

Current Employee - Technical Assistant  in  Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Assistant in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of my co-workers are very kind. About half of them are very talented and have good work ethics.

Cons

No opportunities here, unless your boss favors you. Your performance doesn't matter, even if you consistently perform very well and receive good rating every year, you don't receive any salary increase for 4 to 5 years. If you want a promotion of your job title, wait at least 10 years. Bad compensation and benefits plans, salary is lower than industry average, employee stock purchase plan only gives you 5% discount (The other companies give 15% discount!!). Management doesn't know what are the real issues within the organization, they hired some consultants to modernize the IT department, those people don't know how to manage and motivate people, instead they turned a place that used to be very friendly into a very negative and hostile environment.

Outsourcing to India is a bad idea. Look at what happened to those companies that were pioneers in outsourcing! The fact that a lot of best talents chose to leave the company proves that you made a wrong decision. Also, the senior management enjoyed substantial increases in their compensation packages in the past 5 years while we received no salary increases. What a shame!

There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!