There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

A collaborative environment with some of the most talented and experienced people in the industry.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A great culture and people who care deeply about their business and are invested in each associates success. Tremendous resources that can be leveraged for virtually any client need. Strong training and career development programs.

Cons

A large and somewhat fragmented organization due to their M&A growth strategy. Poor communication and coordination between business units.

Communicate key corporate objectives and long term stratgey more frequently.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (View Most Recent)

The Jury is Still Out

Current Employee - Administration in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Administration in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can't rate this as yet.

Cons

I work at a recently acquired firm. We are their largest M&A to date. They may have been fine with typical small agencies, but they seem lost with one our size. We were 400 person agency with an IT department, accounting and HR and while I've met some nice people some are blithering idiots in this situation. It doesn't help that part of their accounting is in India and couple that with much of the transition work relegated to temps it makes for a fragrant cesspool stew. Few people have been spoken to as to their futures so hopefully things improve by year's end. Otherwise I'll have a winter vacation.

Internally focused

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Plenty of good people that work there, due to size of company there is room for growth.

Cons

Too many middle managers, can stream line management and reduce time to fix issues that effect customers. Too much focus on updating management on issues instead of fixing issues and servicing client.

There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.