There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Internally focused

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Plenty of good people that work there, due to size of company there is room for growth.

Cons

Too many middle managers, can stream line management and reduce time to fix issues that effect customers. Too much focus on updating management on issues instead of fixing issues and servicing client.

182 Other Employee Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (View Most Recent)

The Jury is Still Out

Current Employee - Administration  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Administration in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can't rate this as yet.

Cons

I work at a recently acquired firm. We are their largest M&A to date. They may have been fine with typical small agencies, but they seem lost with one our size. We were 400 person agency with an IT department, accounting and HR and while I've met some nice people some are blithering idiots in this situation. It doesn't help that part of their accounting is in India and couple that with much of the transition work relegated to temps it makes for a fragrant cesspool stew. Few people have been spoken to as to their futures so hopefully things improve by year's end. Otherwise I'll have a winter vacation.

GBS is OK

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time

Pros

Individual branches are given tremendous autonomy. Top sales producers are rewarded well.

Cons

The GBS management model approximates a franchise model with very little support from HQ. The company is not remotely interested in employing the "best and brightest".

The entire senior management team is focused on acquisitions to the detriment of organic growth support.

There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!