Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com

The Jury is Still Out

Current Employee - Administration  in  Short Hills, NJ
Current Employee - Administration in Short Hills, NJ

Pros

Can't rate this as yet.

Cons

I work at a recently acquired firm. We are their largest M&A to date. They may have been fine with typical small agencies, but they seem lost with one our size. We were 400 person agency with an IT department, accounting and HR and while I've met some nice people some are blithering idiots in this situation. It doesn't help that part of their accounting is in India and couple that with much of the transition work relegated to temps it makes for a fragrant cesspool stew. Few people have been spoken to as to their futures so hopefully things improve by year's end. Otherwise I'll have a winter vacation.

Other reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

GBS is OK

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

Individual branches are given tremendous autonomy. Top sales producers are rewarded well.

Cons

The GBS management model approximates a franchise model with very little support from HQ. The company is not remotely interested in employing the "best and brightest".

The entire senior management team is focused on acquisitions to the detriment of organic growth support.

A lot of work for little pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The hours are good. The work is structured, yet- its in the hands of the person that does the work.

Cons

There's a lot of work and the company as a whole doesn't pay its employees very well. It doesn't matter how much you are in charge of, what you do, how long you stay, you will not be paid what you are worth.

There is more than one way of doing things. Be open to ideas. Pay your employees for the hard work that they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!