Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com

Probably above average for large US broker/consultants

Consulting/Compliance (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities exist for self-starters. Don't wait for management or anyone else show your career path. If you go to work there, take time to learn how the company operates, really before starting out on your own career path. The extent to which you succeed will be largely based on your ability to see a need and fill it, while doing what is expected of you. The company is large, geographically dispersed and it's regions are led by very different people. In many ways, your success will depend on your location and the division. Definitely not a place to be nurtured.

ConsOverall, the cons of this organization really depend on your division and your location. Being the right gender doesn't hurt either. The biggest con is the lack of management accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your bubble and start finding out what's really going on in some areas of the company, significant areas. Every once in a while acknowledge the flaws and what the company is doing to address them. No companies perfect, and trying to pretend that you are only makes the employees skeptical about what they're being told.

Awesome company to work for!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time

Pros: Great corporate culture and great group of people! Cons: No cons to speak of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Gallagher Bassett

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros: The people I manage are wonderful and hard working Cons: Senior management is significantly disconnected from their employees Advice to Senior Management: Stop the micro management and move to a towards a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!