Aruba is an absolute mess and disappointment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Aruba Networks

Pros

Good product, good food in the cafeteria, decent location, but not a lot of real talent doing anything productive.

Cons

Executive management is oblivious to how things actually are at lover levels withing the organization. Lower level managers are lazy, unproductive, uncreative, and just hanging out to enjoy the "free ride". Sales operations team is completely clueless, internal systems, tools, and processes are antiquated & outdated. Nobody wants to own up and make things better. People are more concerned with politics and double talk than really trying to make a difference. They hire unqualified people and promote them based on how well they can kiss up as opposed to the quality of their work. Low integrity, no morals, a complete and utterly ridiculous bait and switch... at least the product is good. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great people there too (the worker ants) but most of the ones with power below director level are absolutely clueless. Its like a very bad episode of Beverly Hills 90210.

Take your heads out of the sand and really take a long hard look at the people in your organization. Figure out which ones add value and which ones are just along for the ride. People who deliver results and actually care are more important than all of the fakers blowing smoke and trying to pretend that they are actually working while fluffing up the numbers and affecting your ability to forecast properly. Laziness and faking it and pretending to work are a disease and it is terribly sad to see a company with such great products employ such worthless people who are just happy to milk it and get by rather than actually make a positive difference.