Arup
www.arup.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Incompetent senior engineers, but plenty of perks.

CAD Technician (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Arup as a contractor for less than a year

ProsArup is a very large multi-national firm that can make or break your career as an engineer. A new graduate looking to obtain their PE could do a lot worse, and there are many areas in which to focus.

ConsThere seems to be a disconnect between competency and tenure. Why does a company like Arup keep people on staff that have no clue how to do basic tasks relevant to their own position? Because they have junior employees perform these tasks, and then when something goes wrong they throw them under the bus. So they need to have a constant stream of new graduates who leave for greener pastures. Also, there is too much public conversation about employees. I was shocked by what I heard employees say openly about other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart cleaning house. Think outside the box when it comes to hiring. Stop hiring temps when there are plenty of engineers out there looking for permanent work.

Great Place to work

I have been working at Arup

Pros: Good place to move up Cons: There is a lot of bureaucracy going on. Advice to Senior Management: Make the company about the employees like it used to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Arup as an intern for less than a year

Pros: great office, nice working environment Cons: entry-level tasks not challenging enough More

There are newer reviews on Arup.

Worked for Arup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arup CEO Philip Dilley. All reviews posted anonymously by Arup employees.