Arup
www.arup.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

A kinder gentler corporate environment that strives to make things better

I have been working at Arup full-time for more than 10 years

ProsArup has challenging projects, great benefits, intelligent and well educated group of peers that push you to do better. Generally management is concerned about work life balance and do a good job in communicating that to the employees. The work is often cutting edge and by its nature encourages you to work at solving new challenges.

ConsArup promotes egalitarianism - which is both a good thing and a bad thing, as it is very difficult to do so in a capitalist system.You may never get "your own corner office" as this company frowns on people insulating themselves. With any organization there will be some people who both believe and act in the spirit of the culture and some that don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood engineers don't always make good managers. Bad managers seem to be tolerated too much. People who talk a good game seem to get promoted over people who perform. The future is about flexibility and Arup should stay ahead of the curve in providing flexibility in career and work life balance.

A wonderful, well organized company doing fun and amazing things around the globe.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Arup

Pros: I learned a lot of new skills. Cons: I didn't get along with a single person. Since I… More

How about ARUP

Director (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Arup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It is a nice lab. Cons: Cold in winter and dry in summer. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Arup.

Worked for Arup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arup CEO Philip Dilley. All reviews posted anonymously by Arup employees.