Good experience

I worked at Arup full-time

Pros

The work was challenging and rewarding. The culture and people are nurturing and supportive of opportunities for growth. The organization is relatively flat. Politics are pretty minimal.

Cons

Hours could go late into the night - more often than not.

Advice to Management

At the most senior levels, they were pretty darn good. I had no complaints here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A wonderful, well organized company doing fun and amazing things around the globe.

I worked at Arup

Pros

I learned a lot of new skills.

Cons

I didn't get along with a single person. Since I was temp, she got me fired.

A kinder gentler corporate environment that strives to make things better

I have been working at Arup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Arup has challenging projects, great benefits, intelligent and well educated group of peers that push you to do better. Generally management is concerned about work life balance and do a good job in communicating that to the employees. The work is often cutting edge and by its nature encourages you to work at solving new challenges.

Cons

Arup promotes egalitarianism - which is both a good thing and a bad thing, as it is very difficult to do so in a capitalist system.You may never get "your own corner office" as this company frowns on people insulating themselves. With any organization there will be some people who both believe and act in the spirit of the culture and some that don't.

Advice to Management

Good engineers don't always make good managers. Bad managers seem to be tolerated too much. People who talk a good game seem to get promoted over people who perform. The future is about flexibility and Arup should stay ahead of the curve in providing flexibility in career and work life balance.