There are newer employer reviews for Arup

Power to the People

I have been working at Arup

Pros

You are your best company. Sometimes life gets in the way of work - sometimes work gets in the way of life.

Cons

Fix what's broken, leave the rest to succeed. There are no right answers only solutions that may in a variety of forms to solve problems.

Keep asking followed by thinking and you will do just fine.

162 Other Employee Reviews for Arup (View Most Recent)

Slow advancement, below-average pay, but great project opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Structural Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Structural Engineer

I worked at Arup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a great company to see the world from as there are opportunities to work on projects from New York to China and every where in between. Due to its many offices, its easy to request short and long-term transfers around the world to get the international experience that sets you apart in the job market. There is also room for sideways movement between disciplines due to large consultancy of Arup.

There is also a great sustainability drive in this company and your work and office strives to maintain that. Its a good atmosphere of smart and capable people all typically looking to do a greater good. Everyone seems to pull their own weight so micromanagement is unnecessary.

Cons

During my time with Arup, i saw that retention was an issue. As i left, I saw that finding engineers to accept jobs was an even bigger issue.

I was underpaid by over 20% and didn't realize it until i started searching for a new job. I regret staying as long as I did and loosing that money....the company wasn't worth it. Advancement seems to be at the whim of management and makes no sense when comparing John to Jane to Doe.

its a competitive market and to get and keep good staff you have to deliver a better compensation package

Will suck the life out you

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Arup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and exciting projects, good EU reputation and cool global projects.

Cons

POOR upper management, unless you are a Brit or are a close friend of the elite group no chance for advancement or getting a fair deal.

Clean up HR and the COO's attitude towards the US employees

There are newer employer reviews for Arup

Worked for Arup? Contribute to the Community!