Asbury Automotive

Unfocused and mismanaged

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Duluth, GA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Duluth, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive

Pros

Job paid well and included a bonus.

Cons

Lack of leadership caused issues

Centralize your departments and hire some consultants to fix the mess

52 Other Employee Reviews for Asbury Automotive (View Most Recent)

My personal experience within Asbury Automotive Group

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The reason why I love my position is the people. I've grown with them professionally and learned more about them personally during the past 2 years at the Nalley Lexus-Galleria location. The service managers are excellent leading our department in the direction of positive successful business practices. The benefits are good in terms of 401k, insurance, dental, and vision. The way our service department provides some of the best customer service in the South East territory, and the group that I work with are passionate about it. We all make it fun and interesting where there is never a dull day. The people I work with on a daily basis is like a second family to me. It's a pleasure to work the long hours that I do and still be motivated to do what is it that I do, while still having fun.

Cons

It can be stressful at times. But all jobs involve some amount of stress. It's not easy being a service consultant, and it takes a certain kind of personality to do it effectively and efficiently.

The Best in the Automotive Business

Current Employee - Service Director in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Service Director in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Asbury Automotive

Pros

You get out of this company and business what you put into it. I have been with a few different automotive groups and Asbury is by far the best one I have had the opportunity to be associated with. You have the support that you need and the wealth of knowledge that can only come from being with a large company, however; you feel like you are working in a smaller dealership where all of the employees have a real interest in its success. All of the management and dealer principles are happy to share their expertise and help each dealership grow. The company does a great job of finding out what works, and sharing that with each dealership so everyone wins. The workplace is competitive and rewards are based on individual merit, not who you know or how long you have been with the company.

Cons

The greatest challenge is just being a part of the automotive business in general. Each day is a new day and you have to be able to press the reset button every morning before work. You can only celebrate your sucess for a short moment because you have to do it all over again tomorrow and the next month.

Continue to put an emphasis on employee retention. Small things go a long way and it is important to our bottom line that we retain, promote, coach, and grow our talent pool.

There are newer employer reviews for Asbury Automotive