There are newer employer reviews for Asce

Its OK place to work if you want work life balance with low compensation, not good place for career/professional growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

With felxible hours and low work load it is good place esp. if you are not career oriented and care less for growth. Excellent Benefit package and training as you need.

Cons

Low salary,Office politics and favoritism is around here everywhere. There is no hierarchies in the department, so you end being at the same position for years and years which is accompanied by marginal salary growth which does not depend on what you do or how you do. Its distributed evenly.

Other Employee Reviews for Asce

1. Great.

Pros

Great place to work and grow.

Cons

More communication from the top down.

2. Time to get to the 21st century

I have been working at Asce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy the folks on my team that I work with, and the attempts that HR does to make the workplace enjoyable.

Cons

The salary structure of middle management is dismal, and the low retention rate of that group shows it. Many individuals will get promoted to manager level, then quit in 6 months for better pay. It is a very top down organization, and even the leadership program they instituted this year was senior staff talk to us, there was no attempts to engage middle management to create new ideas and systems.

Advice to Management

HR and senior staff need to realize that promotion pay is different than an increase of current pay based on performance reviews. For a promotion you need to pay me the 25% that I deserve to be competitive- this 10% cap on promotion pay is ridiculousness and you will continue to see staff leaving in swarms. HR is also not a confidential place, secrets and gossip leach out of there like water overflowing in a bucket. Take a look at your senior staff and how that group is capping the advancement of your organization and your bottom level staff.