Ascend Performance Materials

www.ascendmaterials.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Ascend Performance Materials

Good but could be better

Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Alvin, TX
Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Alvin, TX

I have been working at Ascend Performance Materials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a good company to work for in terms of experience. If you are a young engineer, you will have opportunities to learn a lot very quickly. For senior engineers, most competitors will have better benefits, and better pay as well.

Cons

Pay seems to not be competitive, 401K match has just been raised to 4.8% with your 8% or more contribution, no flex hours.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the chemicals. You need to invest in your people to get them to stay, otherwise the market place is currently too competitive and engineering folks can easily pick and choose.

Other Employee Reviews for Ascend Performance Materials

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

* Ascend is a start up in an established business, which means the potential to shape and mold the company at all levels is endless. I come to work, make suggestions, am told to implement my ideas and go home feeling satisfied with my contribution. * Great people - the culture is fledgling and not 100% consistent yet, but it's getting there. The people are collaborative, easy to work with, direct and open. Very few political games here! * The sky is the limit. I feel I can create my own role. I'm not siloed into a small hole and told to stay there - not territorial! * Pay is competitive.

Cons

* Don't pay for parking. * No flexible work schedule. * Can't cover my spouse on my benefits if he/she is eligible for his/her employer benefits.

Advice to Management

You trust us and empower us to do great things in our roles. Thank you.

Good when you first start, then lost in all the bs

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Pensacola, FL

Pros

Pay only good thing at this place

Cons

management is a joke, especially all the middle-managers! employees' suggestions to management are usually ignored, unless it is about saving cash. That is all this place is about. They are going to continue building this company up to make it worth more capital, then dump it on the next big buyer! Already happend twice in my 11years employed there. BEWARE!!