Ascendant Technology

www.atech.com
  www.atech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ascendant Technology

Great company. Will treat you like family.

I worked at Ascendant Technology

Pros

Family friendly
Challenging projects
Top notch technologies

Cons

Travelling is huge unles you land a remote project

Look for more project near where the consultant live

13 Other Employee Reviews for Ascendant Technology (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Domain Architect in City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Domain Architect in City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ascendant Technology

Pros

Very nice and people friendly environment. Pays slightly more than IBM. Strong growth potential. focuse on IBM Lotus and Portal technologies only.

Cons

As a cosnultant you have to travel and stay on customer site for 4 days a week. You will work only with IBM technologies.

Focus on the growth. Implement some basic processes for the solution delivery. Focus on the technical processes and standards. Some unification will be required.

Formerly great consulting company to work for.

I have been working at Ascendant Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Ascendant for some time. I have a good relationship with many people including upper management. Consulting is a lifestyle decision. Many people want to be a consultant without having to travel which generally isn't possible unless the client is flexible. Sometimes I will be away from home for 3 weeks straight, sometimes I will be at home for 3 months straight. Sometimes I will be at a client for 3 days, sometimes I will be at a client for a year. It all varies as is the nature of consulting work. If you work hard, contribute, and help other consultants become better you will be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Everything was mostly perfect until the Avnet acquisition. There is a lot more bureaucracy and annoying 'busy work' that you have to squeeze into your personal time. There have been a lot of organization changes and many great people have left.

The communication and updates for the Avnet integration are not delivered very well and I am mostly clueless about what is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Ascendant Technology