Ascension Health

www.ascensionhealth.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Ascension Health

Ministry service center (IT contract employee)

Former Contractor - IT Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Former Contractor - IT Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ascension Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was a contract employee working for one of the health ministries. Lord have mercy on you if you are a contract employee providing services and ever want to get paid for the work you do. It will take months (repeat MONTHS) to be paid and when you are paid it will be inaccurate. (WILL be). Do not have bills to pay i.e. rent, electric, etc because you will never get paid in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

Incompetent ministry health service center not understanding how to pay contract labor.

Re-do th MHSC because 4/5 of my contract pay checks were incorrect or required me to contact the MHSC.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Ascension Health (View Most Recent)

Ascension Health Overview

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst

I have been working at Ascension Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong growing stable company. A major force in the health care industry. They really try to 'walk the 'walk' in terms of work life balance and excellent benefits.

Cons

They are a bureaucratic nightmare for employees to try and accomplish almost any task. The number of forms and procedures employees have to go through make the DMV seem like a model of a streamlined operation.

Reduce the bureaucracy! It should not take 3 to 5 days for a new doctor to be given a user name/password and access to physician systems. It should not take six months to have simple vendor contract approved. It should not take a month to get an 8 dollar power strip or computer mouse.

I enjoy working for Ascension Health Information Services

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Ascension Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have great benefits, ample leave time, many opportunities for advancement, option to periodically work from home. Awesome human resources department.

Cons

Takes forever to fill a position, uses too many consultants, many conflicts between local ministries and AHIS. Often things can get confusing with having a direct supervisor, but many dotted lines to other individuals.

There are newer employer reviews for Ascension Health